Sunday, July 19, 2009

Feedback?


Current painting. Called Fracas. The shapes around the animals are all in very subtle different shades of red straight from the tube. The picture quality of the photo is terrible. The canvas is four feet wide by six feet tall. My conundrum is what to do with the animals themselves. I have thought about doing accent colors (just a touch here and there); painting them black, white, and gray like b/w photos; something close to the actual colors; metallic accents; monochrome. So a thought or opinion would be welcome.

3 comments:

CrimsonLine said...

I'm not certain what you're going for in the picture, so it's hard to offer an opinion. Just from a visual perspective, I think that richly-colored animals will complement the layout. So that's what I'd recommend. It sure does look like a fractal fracas of fauna! :o)

Liz said...

I agree with CrisonLine that without knowing the effect you're going for an opinion is just an opinion. However, I like the idea of black and white photo-style animals. The photo quality really isn't great, as you said, but if the different shades of red stand o8ut the black and white photo animals would put the red out a bit more.

author said...

The piece is about clash. So the animals are combined and have turmoil in themselves (they are all clashing Chinese zodiac animals). The colors are brash, and the reds are just off each other. The shapes are linear and curved, etc. etc. I don't know whether I want that to run through the coloring of the animals in a strong way, or at all. That is what I am noodling around.